Re: Hot Snubber

Steve Haas

<<Just now, I went down and inserted the hot snubber on my bus wires over by snubber #6 where that snubber is warm at best.  Very quickly, the resistor on that hot snubber got extremely hot, for whatever that is worth.>>

Rich,

Is there any chance the resister in the “hot” snubber is of too small a wattage?  That alone could cause the resistor to run hot (see another recent conversation on this topic).  I’m willing to bet the “hot” snubber has a lower wattage resistor compared to the others. Replace the resistor with at least a ½ watt resistor and see what happens.

Best regards,

Steve Haas

Snoqualmie, WA