From: Ed S
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 7:08 PM
To: WiringForDCC@...
Subject: Re: [WiringForDCC] loading a booster for performance and thermal testing

Len

I do not understand why you would test it with out sending DCC
packets. Isn't that the point?

Ed S

At 06:53 PM 3/12/2014, you wrote:

Thanks Mark,

MERG UK has some pretty neat stuff as kits for very reasonable cost.
Membership is needed but cheap. The boosters are $45 for a complete
kit and I've verified that NCE users have them and work well. I
haven't looked into the front end as to the driver chip and DCC
packet protocol, but it just dawned on me I can bypass that and test
the power output section. That's where the smoke and heat is.

I always look for a sanity check!

Len Jaskiewicz

http://www.WiringForDCC.comYahoo Groups Links