Re: Hot Snubber

Kurt Konrath

It's not the positrons, negatrons or electrons you have to deal with.  It's those pesky Grematrons that run amuck in the circuits that cause such problems

Kurt k

On Mar 11, 2014, at 5:54 PM, <redking56@...> wrote:

Sorry about the delay in getting back on the hot snubber issue.

My plan was to either simply replace it or at least swap it with a cool one.
But, before doing either one, I wanted to examine the snubber once again because when I noticed how hot it was last week, it was while I was looking for a short on my layout.
Today, I powered up the layout and waited about 30 minutes, then felt the snubber.  The capacitor was cool to the touch, although last week I nearly burned my finger when I touched it.
However, I did burn my finger when I touched the resistor.  The resistor was warm to hot last week but not like today.
So, that is where I am at.  Suggestions?
Rich