Re: loading a booster for performance and thermal testing

Flash Gordon

Thanks Len..

Yep eliminate variables.... continue and report.

Ed S

At 07:50 PM 3/12/2014, you wrote:

Len

I do not understand why you would test it with out sending DCC
packets. Isn't that the point?

Ed S
Ed,

DCC packets is not the primary point of testing!

The booster is a power device. The main output is a H-bridge configuration, typical of motor controllers. It has to first be established that the power section is functioning as designed and at full power and there are no thermal issues with the switching devices. The testing should also include transient overloads to verify protection circuitry(I have over 30 yrs experience in switching power design).

Hope this helps your understanding as well as others.

Len Jaskiewicz