Re: loading a booster for performance and thermal testing

Flash Gordon

Len

I do not understand why you would test it with out sending DCC packets. Isn't that the point?

Ed S

At 06:53 PM 3/12/2014, you wrote:

Thanks Mark,

MERG UK has some pretty neat stuff as kits for very reasonable cost. Membership is needed but cheap. The boosters are $45 for a complete kit and I've verified that NCE users have them and work well. I haven't looked into the front end as to the driver chip and DCC packet protocol, but it just dawned on me I can bypass that and test the power output section. That's where the smoke and heat is.

I always look for a sanity check!

Len Jaskiewicz