Re: loading a booster for performance and thermal testing

Mark Gurries

On Mar 12, 2014, at 3:06 PM, <len.jask@...> <len.jask@...> wrote:

I'll be building MERG boosters soon set up as 10A units. My thought is to drive it with a 8-10kHz square wave as opposed to a command station and use pure resistive load. This way I should be able to probe around and verify most waveforms and a good balance in the output drivers.

Any thoughts or comments on this approach appreciated.

Len Jaskiewicz
That would be a good test if it worked.

I do not know anything about this MERG boosters to know if it will work or not. So Boosters might look for a DCC packet protocol. Do not know. I know no harm will come of it if you try.

Best Regards,

Mark Gurries
Electrical Engineer