Re: Peco Electrofrog - Adding Gaps

William Teeters <cozyflyr9398@...>

Why cut the gaps?. If you use insulators, on the two inside rails, there is no reason to cut any gaps. The short rails you plan on cutting, will give you nothing but grief as the rails are short in size, and will not stay in place. Ask me how I know. Bill Teeters

From: "redking56@..."
To: WiringForDCC@...
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2014 6:32 AM
Subject: Re: [WiringForDCC] Peco Electrofrog - Adding Gaps

OK, let me pose my question again.

I realize that you need to cut gaps on the two inside rails leading away from the frog on a Peco Electrofrog, but my question is why doesn't Peco just cut those gaps when manufacturing the Electrofrog.  Are there situations where you wouldn't cut those two gaps on an Electrofrog?

Rich

---In WiringForDCC@..., wrote :

Yes you have to insulate the two inside rails to keep from shorting out. Just like you would with a Walthers switch. Bill T

From: "

Bill, I am not sure that I understand your reply.  I also have Insulfrogs on my layout, and I am quite satisfied with them.  But, I was asking about the Peco Electrofrog.

Rich

---In WiringForDCC@..., wrote :

Take a good look at the construction. Pretty fragile huh?. I have about 150 Peco Insulfrog switches and quite satisfied with them. Some are ten-twelve years old. Bill Teeters CP&W RR, as seen at RockRail.org