Re: Hot Snubber

Flash Gordon

Bob,

Yes I see ...  and you should put the booster in the middle of a long bus, so it does make sense that way.

I was thinking

booster -------------------------------------------------- terminator

which is not a good idea.

If you look at the web page, just above the terminator section, it shows your configuration for long bus.

Thanks
Ed S

At 01:01 PM 3/7/2014, you wrote:

Ed S
          booster

t=terminator (2 for "each" buss)

bob

Ross,

I understand what you are saying and I have several split bus with terminator at the end.

But I still wonder what he meant by  two terminators ... one at each end.  read it again..

"you will need two of these circuits for each bus ­ one at each end."

Ed S

At 12:44 PM 3/7/2014, you wrote:

Ed,

A track power “bus” can easily have 2 ends.  If you feed your “bus” near the middle (think of a “T”) the “bus” now has 2 ends.  Putting the booster in the middle of the “bus” run effectively reduces your “bus” length by half.  A 60-foot “bus” becomes 2 30-foot “busses.”  Many consider this as “best practice” when designing a DCC installation.

If you put your booster at the end of the “bus” you would only need one terminator. 

Regards,

Ross Kudlick

From: WiringForDCC@... [ mailto:WiringForDCC@...] On Behalf Of Ed S
Sent: Friday, March 07, 2014 12:21 PM
To: WiringForDCC@...
Subject: RE: [WiringForDCC] Re: Hot Snubber

Here is a little item I had overlooked.  Quoted from http://www.wiringfordcc.com/track_2.htm

"Solution for unterminated bus ends:

The name of this problem suggests the solution - terminate your bus ends. This is simple and inexpensive to do. Just put this "RC network " at each end of your long buses. Yes, you will need two of these circuits for each bus ­ one at each end."

What does he mean  one at each end?  A buss has one end..... or do you need to put one near the booster also.

How many have done that?

Ed S

Join w4dccqa@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.