From: WiringForDCC@... [mailto:WiringForDCC@...] On Behalf Of Carl Blum
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2014 7:09 AM
To: WiringForDCC@...
Subject: RE: [WiringForDCC] Emergency stop button -- Annuder Variant

Hi Max:

I didn't notice the 1 Amp rating. What is the Atlas #200 relay rated for? Anyway the smaller relay can trigger a larger relay or several relays.

Carl.

Sent from my NOOK

Max Maginness <m.maginness@...> wrote:

Nice relay, but the ! amp contact rating is a bit on the low side to interrupt a 5 or 8 amp DCC supply (and yes I know the rating for AC is usually higher than for DC, but in this case the “AC” is switching much faster than for the usual 50/60Hz rating)  Having the contacts weld in an emergency will not help.

Max