Re: Emergency stop button -- Annuder Variant

Max Maginness

Nice relay, but the ! amp contact rating is a bit on the low side to interrupt a 5 or 8 amp DCC supply (and yes I know the rating for AC is usually higher than for DC, but in this case the “AC” is switching much faster than for the usual 50/60Hz rating)  Having the contacts weld in an emergency will not help.

Max

From: WiringForDCC@... [mailto:WiringForDCC@...] On Behalf Of Carl
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2014 9:41 AM
To: WiringForDCC@...
Subject: Re: [WiringForDCC] Emergency stop button -- Annuder Variant

Hello Glenn:

I've used the Atlas Snap Relay and found it overpriced for its "toy" construction. May I suggest commercial relays like this one:

http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/item/RLY-565/5VDC-DPDT-LATCHING-RELAY-SURFACE-MOUNT/1.html

Same function but a sealed case with rated contacts, and only $1.

I buy a lot from All Electronics and it is a hoot to visit their store!

Carl.

On 2/13/2014 8:39 AM, Glenn wrote:

On a different take get an Atlas Snap relay (#200) and put it between the system and the track. Place push buttons in appropriate places around the layout.

No virus found in this message.