Re: Emergency stop button -- Annuder Variant

george hohon3

This thread has gotten so far off it's original track I think it's approaching some sort of internet record for going into a death spiral.  At the rate of current responses, I think my delete key is just about ready to cry "Uncle" . . .

George

To: WiringForDCC@...
From: john.p.dunn@...
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 18:36:03 -0800
Subject: Re: [WiringForDCC] Emergency stop button -- Annuder Variant

Guys, I have tried and I can not attach a PDF page to this page but look up Carlton-Bates Company , page 160 of their 2013 catalog for Solid State Relays.
   You can find these relays in any surplus shop for cheap. They handle a lot or a little amperage. You could put them behind a receptacle in a deep surface mounted box with a cord on it and a low voltage input to activate the relay. You can activate or deactivate your layout with low voltage. My club uses a Key and an indicator. An RCA jack makes a simple key OR a 2 way, 3 way, 4 way, etc. switch could connect or disconnect a layout from a number of positions.

Hope I helped
john