Re: Emergency stop button -- IMHO

Glenn

Carl is right. I didn’t have my coffee yet J

Glenn

From: WiringForDCC@... [mailto:WiringForDCC@...] On Behalf Of Carl
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2014 10:37
To: WiringForDCC@...
Subject: Re: [WiringForDCC] Emergency stop button -- IMHO

Hello Glenn:

If you are in the United States, the switches should always be in the Black Wire. The White Wire is neutral and at the breaker panel is connected to earth ground. You want to stop the voltage in the Black Wire so after the switch there is no risk of shock to ground.

Guards over the toggles would be nice, or recess them.

The nice thing about the industrial Emergency Stop Buttons is it only take a push to trigger them. But to reset them you must twist and pull the knob out, so it takes a special effort to restore power.

Carl.