Re: BDL168 & Peco & Power routing

Bill Wilken

I have only one Peco turnout on my layout, basically because I originally was discouraged by their comparatively high cost.  I must say, however, that Peco makes a very high quality product that completely avoids the hassles of wiring frogs associated with other products.  I suspect, however, that some may not like them owing to the fact that they do not lend themselves to highly realistic slow motion throws.

On 02/11/2014 06:27 PM, James McMahon wrote:

Thanks for the reply donV.
I set up a test passing siding track with Peco code 83 insulfrog turnouts & wonder why it is said these turnouts are not power routing?With the tracks lined up for the main line the siding is dead.If I turn 1 or the other turnout for the siding it has power.
Is this not power routing.
No insulated joints used only nickel silver.

Jim McMahon