Re: DCC journey What is best for your Father's Son?

emrldsky

I built a 5 x 9 foot table for my son this past Christmas. Since I knew that he would need to move it from time to time, I built 4 each modules that could be clamped together to make the 5 x 9 table, or whatever shape he wanted. Hindsight shows me that it was a really good move to go to 5 x 9 instead of taking the simpler route of a 4 x 8 sheet of plywood. Plus transport is much easier.

He is using Kato HO Unitrack, so breaking down the table at the table interfaces is simplified.

Peace,

Mike G.

When we first started our module club we used 2x2 corners for ease of transport we later went to larger corners with bigger radius curves but 2x2 will work

Terry

In a message dated 2/6/2014 8:31:02 A.M. Central Standard Time, carl.blum@... writes:

Hello John:

If HO layouts are built on 4x8 sheets of plywood, why can't you cut the plywood into eight 2x2 modules?

I know it might not match any module standard, but could fit some modules in a 4x8 space.

My O-27 modules matched no standards but their own. I had great fun sharing them and they met my needs at the time.

Carl.

On 2/4/2014 9:17 PM, john.p.dunn@... wrote:

Guys,

   2x2 modules won't work, corners have to be 4x4 for a 2xX foot layout.

john