Re: Coach lighting

Vollrath, Don <dvollrath@...>

Yes. Using a bridge rectifier corrects for either track polarity and protects the LEDs from reverse voltage.

DonV

From: WiringForDCC@... [mailto:WiringForDCC@...] On Behalf Of Thomas Cockle
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2014 10:01 AM
To: WiringForDCC@...
Subject: [WiringForDCC] Re: Coach lighting

I use a bridge rectifier ahead of the LED lighting (so that when I run at my DC-only club the lights work in both directions).   Since a bridge rectifier is actually four diodes, doesn't this solve the reverse voltage problem as well?

Or should I add another diode?

Tom Cockle

McKinleyville CA

Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:39 pm (PST) . Posted by:

"Ed S" ed.kolt

Max,

Thanks that makes sense. I will include a diode if I decide to power
LEDs from the track.

Ed S