Re: Power Pax ?

terryintexas7@...

I have a Zephyr with 3 UT-4 throttles although i have infrared i do not use it

I bought the powerpax because the Zephyr didn't have the power to program the sound decoders of QSI and Tsunami
I've used it for 3 years and programmed more than 4 dozen locos

I may have shorted it out or it died of old age

I ordered a new one

In a message dated 2/4/2014 3:04:39 P.M. Central Standard Time, trains@... writes:

Terry,

At our club we are using a Digitrax system and was having intermittent issues using the Power Pax. We figured out that it would not work using the wireless radio but would work every time if we were plugged directly into loconet. I assume this is probably a Digitrax issue except for the fact that we can program off the programming track using the wireless without the Power Pax connected.

Not sure which system you have but thought I would share this.

Gary