Re: DCC journey

Chuck Stiles

Bruce
The Bachmann is a good starter set complete with DCC controller and two trains will work nicely on a 4 x 8 it will get you up and running in a hurry but you may get bored with it.
This is such a great hobby, there are so many choices you can make. Just be sure this is what you want, not just for now but down the road. Expandability is limited with the set, its an entry level controller.
See if you can get a demo of some DCC Controllers at your local hobby shop. See if you like the feel, simplicity or expandability of the unit before you make your final decision. If you have decided on a budget for now you can get a DCC Control that you can add to next year and the year after. Building your own from scratch can also give a greater sense of accomplishment or a bigger headache as well LOL
Good Luck

Chuck Stiles
NJ

On Monday, February 3, 2014 5:28 PM, Bruce Bailey wrote:

Hello,
I already built the table(4x8) and I'm stuck. I'm very patient (2 years and counting), my wife has given me the thumbs up sign. I was going to just DC but when I caught a glimpse of DCC I was hooked. Here's the question: Should I purchase a Bachmann commander 00501 DCC ready set or wait and piece together a better set?
P.s. My has been so great in my endeavor I want to share in the construction.
Thanks again,
Bruce Bailey

Sent from my iPod