From: Alden G. McBee <agm@...>
To: WiringForDCC@...
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2014 5:37 PM
Subject: Re: [WiringForDCC] Coach Lighting

Check out flex-lighting on http://www.proto87stores.com/.
—Alden McBee
On Jan 29, 2014, at 1:25 PM, John Cahill <johncahill25@...> wrote:

Hi! I am investigating the multiple possible methods of lighting coaches/carriages on my HO NCE controlled layout.  I have tried Flicker Free, which works fine.  I have also built small circuits using miniature rectifiers feeding LED strips.  In order to light my entire collection using any of these methods, a significant investment in time and electronic components would be required.  I have tried a small experiment using direct DCC track power to light a short strip of LED lights and found it worked fine, especially with the addition of a 1K resistor in series in the circuit.  Is this approach too simplistic or am I missing something?  Any comments appreciated!  Thanks in advance,
John Cahill