Re: DCC journey

richg_1998@...

I do not believe you want that set. The EZ Command is very limited. Program the loco number but no other CV's can be modified.
The sound value sets have the same controller. You can activate the sounds but you cannot fine tune any CV's and you will eventually want to.
The Digital Commander and other on board non sound DCC are very basic, old school decoders, usable but you will probably want to replace them in the Bachmann locos. Many do.
The sound value decoders are quite good though.

I use both versions but did get rid of the Bachmann non sound decoders.

Below is a link to the Bachmann forums and website.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php

There are quite a few on line shops with better prices than Bachmann suggest. I have used Micro Mart and The Favorite Spot.

Rich