General Manager
Bradley, Roger & Tidewater Rwy.
Cariboo Traction Company

On 2014-01-30, at 2:43 PM, Ed S wrote:

John,

If this is what you have:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5M-300Leds-Cool-White-3528-SMD-LED-Non-Waterproof-Flexible-Strip-12V-/321305664422?pt=US_Car_Lighting&hash=item4acf4f5ba6

They are set up for 12V DC with a resistor built in every 3 LED's.  No diode included.

I use these on my pontoon boat and they work well.  They are very bight on a car battery, we look like a party boat... well we are LOL.

 I have extras that I plan to cut. You can cut them every 3 LEDs. there is a spot to solder new leads.

For others interested these come in different colors and lengths plus you do not need the water proof ones.

But realize they expect to see 12V DC  so you need add another resistor for DCC and a diode. I use a diode bridge and a battery, not a capacitor.

Ed S