Re: Power Pax ?

terryintexas7@...

Carl
JMRI has a feature under the loco net tab
called "monitor slots"

it shows all the acquired locos and their status

Some show  "In Use"
Some Show  "idle"

etc

In a message dated 1/31/2014 9:49:36 A.M. Central Standard Time, carl.blum@... writes:

Hi Gang:

If you really want to see what is online, couldn't you hook your loconet up to the computer with a Digitrax MS-100?:

http://www.digitrax.com/products/computer-control/ms100/

I think it would be nice to see a screen with assigned locomotives, active cabs, etc. I'm just not willing to learn the computer stuff to make it happen myself, but if someone wrote a package like JMRI?

Thanks, Carl.

On 1/30/2014 8:59 PM, terryintexas7@... wrote:

thanks

In a message dated 1/30/2014 4:32:16 P.M. Central Standard Time, pomilian@... writes:

Terry, connect a voltmeter across the program track rails; set it to around 15 volts AC.

When you issue a program track command (read or write) the voltmeter should show a voltage for a brief moment.

That only tells you that the device is turning on the track power and is talking to the command station, it doesn’t tell you if the DCC commands are correct.

Only other way is to place a loco on the program track and try to change/read it’s address or some CV’s.

Paul O