Re: Coach Lighting

Andrew Wood

You would have a current protection diode on the positive side to stop back current and a resistor to limit current to fire the LED at the correct voltage.

Andrew W

On 30 Jan 2014, at 14:02, Ed S <eschwerkolt@...> wrote:

So why do you need another diode in the circuit being discussed?

Ed S

At 09:21 PM 1/29/2014, you wrote:

Yep led is a diode ... Light Emitting Diode.
Andrew wood
Maffra, Victoria

On 30 Jan 2014, at 12:38, Ed S < eschwerkolt@...> wrote:

Aren't LED's actually diodes? I do not power anything from the DCC power so I don't know how it would work.  I am greedy and don't want to share it with the locos's.

I use a separate DC bus for accessories. I want it to be clean because I also power some electronics.

Ed S