Re: Coach Lighting

Carl

Hello Ed:

We use them as indicators for track power. I've put one on the town panel and also one on the distribution panel so I know where the power is. On the HO layout we use the frog power contacts to power LED signals. If I were wiring a layout from scratch one wire from the frog could power LED indicators on control panels. And they would be feeding back actual point position. At reversing loops we use the LEDs to indicate if the polarity is correct. LEDs don't draw much amperage so it really doesn't interfere with locomotive's motors, a big draw if they are running full.

Carl.

On 1/29/2014 8:38 PM, Ed S wrote:

Aren't LED's actually diodes? I do not power anything from the DCC power so I don't know how it would work.  I am greedy and don't want to share it with the locos's.

I use a separate DC bus for accessories. I want it to be clean because I also power some electronics.

Ed S