Re: Coach Lighting

Andrew Wood

Yep led is a diode ... Light Emitting Diode.
Andrew wood
Maffra, Victoria

On 30 Jan 2014, at 12:38, Ed S <eschwerkolt@...> wrote:

Aren't LED's actually diodes? I do not power anything from the DCC power so I don't know how it would work.  I am greedy and don't want to share it with the locos's.

I use a separate DC bus for accessories. I want it to be clean because I also power some electronics.

Ed S

At 08:18 PM 1/29/2014, you wrote:

Hello John:

They must face the same direction as the LEDs. I have LEDs all over my layout, signals, power indicators, etc. and have never added more than the 1K resistor to them. All run from DCC track power.

Carl.