From: WiringForDCC@... [mailto:WiringForDCC@...] On Behalf Of marcdecapri@...
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2014 7:03 AM
To: WiringForDCC@...
Subject: [WiringForDCC] 10 Amp Vs 5 Amp Vs 3 Amps for your layout.

Hi all,

I have more complicated questions... But first I believe we need to agree on some facts, which I am honestly hazy on.

===

First > Depending on your scale > Which amperage is needed and optimized?

Nearly guessing here...

3 amps for N Scale

5 amps for HO Scale

10 Amps for G....

? Or is this even applicable today.

===

Here is the other shoe to drop.... If I have a large layout of over 400 square feet of track stretched around a 21 x 60 foot rectangle. Would it be best to start off at 10 amps and hope the power gets all the way around or use small 3-5 amp boosters for a N Scale layout expecting to run upwards of 12 trains at a time.

Thank you for listening,

:)) Mark