Paul O

From:  Chuck Stiles

Hi I'm new to the group and DCC but not to the hobby

Its been over 30 years since I built my last layout (a lot has changed since then)

I have been doing a lot of reading & research. I designed a new layout 5 x 8'  the table is built and ready to go (you can see it in the FILES section) "Final Layout for Review"

I am proficient with auto cad so after I tried some of the available free programs like Any Rail I decided to do it in autocad so I can get may track spacing and radius geometry correct.

I have Purchased Peco electrofrog turn out switch Peco 100 Flex Track its going over an old school cork roadbed and ballast

I have purchased tortoise switch machines as well

I built the Walthers Turntable and its ready for install

The uploaded drawing shows my proposed track layout with isolator locations track feed locations and block identification

I plan on wiring the elecrofrog thru the tortoise as per many online recommendations I have read

The purchase of the other DCC controls I have not fully decided on, I am planning on building a fascia control panel for switch control as well as control from a handheld throttle. In the future I would like to experiment with PC control using JMRI software (but one step at a time).

I'm welcoming anyone to look at my plan and see if I may have over looked something thus far before a start making things permanent.

There is a reversing section across the middle that I had concerns about wiring a reversing module

Thanks

Chuck Stiles

NJ