From: "Robmorrison@..." <Robmorrison@...>
To: WiringForDCC@...
Sent: Saturday, January 18, 2014 2:32 PM
Subject: [WiringForDCC] DCC Wiring - Can it cause a fire?

A friend told me that he knew of a situation where a DCC system left on heated up the wires, especially the track feeders, so that a fire started all along under the track. He said the fire official told them that it looked like the fire was started and spread along the line of the track. He then went on to say that at 5 amps and 16 volts, we have about 80 watts going, quite a bit more than the average soldering iron, hence the fire potential. It is not known if there were separate circuit breakers.

I am a bit skeptical, but wondered if anyone on this list knows about this possibility.