From: WiringForDCC@... [mailto:WiringForDCC@...] On Behalf Of asychis@...
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 12:31 PM
To: WiringForDCC@...
Subject: [WiringForDCC] Re: Soundtraxx LC series again

Jerry, that is a 'bipolar' electrolytic capacitor; meaning it has no
specific + or - lead.

If you want to use a replacement to test the original, get two electrolytics
of twice the capacitance of the original and wire them in series, that is, +
to +, or, - to -.

Voltage rating of the new caps can be the same or higher.

Paul O

Thanks Paul.  I will give that a try, but isn't + to + and - to - parallel wiring? I thought series wiring would be + to - to + to -

Jerry Michels