HO Double X-Overs

George Galyon

Our club has two older Shinohara C100  #6 double crossovers with the metal throw bar and metal pivot ba plus insulfrogs.  We have some newer Shinohara C100 #6 double x-overs with the single metal throw bar and insulfrogs and we have a Walthers C83#6  DCC friendly double x-over with electrofrogs on the 4 turnouts and insulfrogs on the diamonds.

The C100s look like the point-stock rail gaps might still be a problem with wheels shorting and the C83 looks like it might not short out but older engines may "bottom out" due to larger flanges.  Any experience with these x-overs?   Walthers says there are no plans for either Shinohara or Walthers to make truly DCC friendly code 100 double x-overs.  And we don't want to buy all the Fast Track equipment necessary to custom build DCC friendly C100 #6 (or #8) x-overs.

Thanks for any advice.
George T. Galyon
Olde Newburgh Model RR Club
Walden, New York