Re: Wiring Setup

John

I was in the NCE group and realized it probably wasn't the right place to be asking this question. There they had recommended using a detector like NCE's BD20 on the main bus,and stated the following advantages:

1. Total isolation of the track circuit and the signal circuit.
2. Generally easier installation.
3. Ability to have the coil remote from the electronics connected by
26awg phone patch panel wire.
4. NO VOLTAGE DROP due to the detector. So any undetected track, like
industry sidings have the same voltage as the mains.
5. Easier to retrofit a layout than the diode detectors.

They said it would detect a train in a train block. So since I'm only going to be running 2 to 3 trains at a time I'm thinking I wouldn't need this. How would a circuit breaker work in DCC? I'm very familiar with house wiring since my dad was an electrician.

--- In WiringForDCC@..., "Paul O" <pomilian@...> wrote:

Welcome to DCC Johnny.

When you say 'detector', are you meaning a device to detect a train in a
block, or are you referring to a circuit breaker to isolate your 3 lines in
case of a short on one line?

If you would upload a drawing (to the PHOTOS or FILES area) of your track
plan showing how you plan to do your blocks and busses we would be happy to
offer our suggestions. (Not that you'd have to follow them of course. J)

Paul O