Re: Wiring Setup
I was in the NCE group and realized it probably wasn't the right place to be asking this question. There they had recommended using a detector like NCE's BD20 on the main bus,and stated the following advantages:toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
1. Total isolation of the track circuit and the signal circuit.
2. Generally easier installation.
3. Ability to have the coil remote from the electronics connected by
26awg phone patch panel wire.
4. NO VOLTAGE DROP due to the detector. So any undetected track, like
industry sidings have the same voltage as the mains.
5. Easier to retrofit a layout than the diode detectors.
They said it would detect a train in a train block. So since I'm only going to be running 2 to 3 trains at a time I'm thinking I wouldn't need this. How would a circuit breaker work in DCC? I'm very familiar with house wiring since my dad was an electrician.
--- In WiringForDCC@..., "Paul O" <pomilian@...> wrote: