Re: Wiring Setup

Flash Gordon

Johnny,

Welcome to the group. You are on the right track,... so to speak....

My input would be to do a little reading on the subject, much clearer that way, then you can ask  more questions.

There are a lot of sites with info. Here is a site I use all the time when I have a question:

This is part one on wiring:

http://www.wiringfordcc.com/track.htm

Part two:

http://www.wiringfordcc.com/track_2.htm

Ed S

At 08:01 PM 1/1/2014, you wrote:

I am a newbie to DCC and am trying to figure out the best way to wire. My HO gauge set has 3 lines and a train yard. The lines are 36, 20 and 15 feet long. They go over and under each other so I've read that my track feeders usually 22awg) would be fed by a block bus (say 18awg). The block bus then feeds off the power bus (12-14awg) and this is where the detector sits. (Not sure what a Detector means)

So would a Block Bus follow the lines meaning my power bus is pretty short? Any input would be welcome. Thanks...Johnny J