Right and it says that in the Prodigy Express manual that you need the Advanced Throttle to read CV's.   I assume the person has the correct throttle when stating he cannot read CV's.   OTherwise there are a lot of bad rumors going around about the Express that are really operators errors.

Needing a programming track booster is a common problem that effects many DCC systems and not just MRC.

So at face value, again I cannot find anything specifically that says the Express should have more problem than any other Prodigy MRC system.

On Dec 30, 2013, at 7:12 PM, Paul O wrote:

Mark, The Prodigy Express, as sold with the Express throttle, is not able to read CVs, set routes, use fast clock, use accessory decoder functions or set a universal consist.
  Adding a Prodigy Advance throttle enables all the above mentioned features, making it basically an Advance system except for the 1.6 Amp current rating.

Reading CVs (with Advance throttle) requires a program track booster.

Paul O

From: WiringForDCC@... [mailto:WiringForDCC@...] On Behalf Of Mark Gurries
Sent: Monday, December 30, 2013 7:03 PM
To: WiringForDCC@...
Subject: Re: [WiringForDCC] Re: DCC locomotives won't run

The product is advertised as being able to do reads on the Programming Track and I have not seen much discussion about not able to read on the MRC-DCC forum that specifically points to the express command station.

Are you saying you cannot read ANY decoder or just some decoders?

There are lots of reasons why a given command station cannot read a decoder especially if they are sound decoders.

Best Regards,

Mark Gurries
Electrical Engineer