Re: DCC locomotives won't run

Flash Gordon

I still use the MRC Command 2000's. Actually two of them with a splitter. (I know you laugh) but It works well and I have not had any problems programming the newer decoders and the older MRC decoders. I also agree the problem with MRC is the decoders. And the poorly written documentation.

Ed S

At 04:26 PM 12/29/2013, you wrote:

The first DCC system (Command 2000) used a old versions of DCC programming and did not have a programming track output. All the others are OK.

There have had some bugs but all brands of DCC system have that from time to time. They are fixable.

Most of the issue seen are related to the MRC decoders themselves rather than the MRC DCC systems.

The only well known programming issue with MRC system is they do not support the free and popular Decoder Pro programming program that support all decoders of very brand and make. You must use MRC proprietary software which is much more limited.