From: Paul O
To: WiringForDCC@...
Sent: Wednesday, December 4, 2013 11:23 PM
Subject: RE: [WiringForDCC] 90 degree cross overs - HELP!!!

Bob, you don’t have a polarity problem in your figure 8.

Pick a starting point; put your finger on a rail; trace that rail all around the 8; when you get back to where you started, you are still on the same rail.

No problem feeding from the lower level, just don’t cross the bus wires.

Second power district is up to you:
n  Do you plan on running lone wolf? Then it doesn’t matter if the whole layout goes down with a short.
n  Multiple users? Power districts and/or circuit breakers are a good idea.

Even if you decide on no power districts, it might be a good idea to put some insulated joiners in case you decide later to subdivide.
Just wire to the common bus now and separate later if necessary.

One cab can run the entire layout as long as you don’t exceed capacity of the system.

Paul O