Re: Older Lifelike to DCC

Paul O

Mike, I uploaded a drawing of the light boards from my Lifelike/Walthers PA/PB units. These were the newer units so I don’t know if they are close to what you have or not,  but maybe it’ll help. The dual filament bulb is to simulate a MARS light.

In the FILES section; ALCO PA & PB Wiring Diag.bmp

Paul O

From: WiringForDCC@... [mailto:WiringForDCC@...] On Behalf Of azMikeG@...
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 12:52 AM
To: WiringForDCC@...
Subject: RE: RE: RE: [WiringForDCC] Plder Lifelike to DCC

O.K., Now I am puzzeled. There are two headlights, an upper and a lower headlight. The lower is no problem - two leads. However, the upper headlight has three leads coming out of it. They went all the way back to the circuit board, which I have removed. I removed most of the components on the top of the circuit board before I discovered the three lead headlight. Does anyone have a schematic of the wiring? I can make guesses as to what it was for, but I would like to have some idea for sure before I proceed.

I measured between the three leads in all the combinations and came out that between any two leads, with any polarity there is about 35 ohms, cold.

Thanks,

Mike G.

---In WiringForDCC@..., <wiringfordcc@...> wrote:

I was comparing my engine to the example on the website. Mine has a newer(?) circuit board in it, or at least it has a few more components on it. The loco itself has two headlights, so there a set of 3 white wires (one per headlight, and a common).

There are still two screws that hold the circuit board in place, but one of them also holds what I believe to be a voltage regulator, in place as well.

(picture available if requested)

I just want verification, that if I use a different decoder from TCS that the same wiring for the decoder plug is valid.

---In WiringForDCC@..., <wiringfordcc@...> wrote:

Mike,

Does this example from the TCS web site help you?

http://tinyurl.com/njxzpt6

Ross

From: WiringForDCC@... [mailto: WiringForDCC@... ] On Behalf Of azMikeG@...
Sent: Monday, September 23, 2013 7:47 PM
To: WiringForDCC@...
Subject: [WiringForDCC] Older Lifelike to DCC

I have an older Lifelike / Proto 2000  E-8a in MKT red livery and is DC. It is full of a large weight and has a circuit board in it. The front headlight hooks up to the circuit board. Not much room for a decoder. Is there a prodedure documented somewhere? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike G.

Join w4dccqa@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.