In addition to swapping rail a & b inputs for the offending booster you might also make sure you have common ground connecting all three boosters. I think it's the center pin on booster connections.  Also look at your Loconet cables to make sure you don't have one with pin 1 & 6 reversed. This will also cause a booster to be out of sync and cause shorts between sections

Kurt K
Training in Oklahoma

On Sep 10, 2013, at 7:12 PM, William Teeters <cozyflyr9398@...> wrote:

I assume you are using DB150 as a booster?. If so, some of them are prone to reversing polarity. I have had to switch raila rail b wires to have engines cross insulated gaps with a pause. Just something I tried. Bill Teeters

From: Walt <wfre@...>
To: WiringForDCC@...
Sent: Monday, September 9, 2013 11:53 AM
Subject: [WiringForDCC] Trouble crossing between booster districts

Question with long description of our club setup:

Referring to Allan Gartner's Wiring for DCC, Track Part 1 "Train does not operate properly when crossing between booster districts", our club Digitrax Duplex setup failed Step 5.

Our setup: Three distributed booster areas, A, B and C (large layout). Digitrax Duplex HO with common rail wiring. PSX short circuit boards on each block - some PSX feed 2 blocks.

For A and C, the "black" drops for each block tie into a separate "common" that ties into a "Common" ground bar.

For B, we have not (yet) cut the RR common "black" into separate sections as we did for A and C. All blocks in that area tie into a single "common" bus. The end of that common run ties into the ground bar mentioned above.

Black feed from all the PSXs in all 3 areas tie into the same ground bar.

C transfers to A in one place, and to B in 2 places.

At each of these 3 transfers, the voltage across the gap of the red rail (Step 5 in Gartner's writeup) reads ~28 VAC- double the voltage across red and black within each block. So we get shorts, restarts and hesitation crossing between the booster boundaries.

Questions:
1. Can we make this work without cutting the black common bus in area B into sections for each block as we did for A and C ?
2. What is going on that gives us double voltage in Step 5 of Gartner's wrietup ?

TIA,
Walt in Sausalito
www.gsmrm.org