From: Eric <ezrails@...>
To: WiringForDCC@...
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2013 5:45 PM
Subject: [WiringForDCC] Re: Magnetic Reed Switches

Thanks Kevin and Paul,
How would I set up the reed switch to turn on the LEDs by passing a magnet over the car, and then turning them off by passing the magnet over the car a second time? I plan to use 3v coin cell batteries to power a couple of LEDs, but I need to be able to turn them off when the session is complete.

RicZ

--- In WiringForDCC@..., "Paul O" <pomilian@...> wrote:

Ric, a couple more sites:

http://www.explainthatstuff.com/howreedswitcheswork.html

http://www.reed-sensor.com/Notes/

Just do a Google search on "reed switches".

Paul O