Re: Anyone Interested In An Easier To Install Turnout Motor?

jnwoofer

Carl,

Nice homemade approach! What surplus motors are you using for $6 a piece?

So you know - there is an add-on that is sold for Tortoises that uses the same "over the ties" principle -- you drill a hole 2 ties up from the turnout, insert a brass tube with a bent wire inside -- underneath the layout, you mount a low-profile lever that is attached via piano wire inside a cable to the tortoise which can be up to 15" away. I have 4 of them for places where I can't squeeze a tortoise in. Anyways, I suggest checking their copyright on the approach so that you don't get surprised if you move ahead to make a commercial offering.

Jim