From: WiringForDCC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:WiringForDCC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of puckdropper
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2012 9:09 AM
To: WiringForDCC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [WiringForDCC] Re: edge connectors vs. terminal block

I came across an interesting idea shortly after the edge card connector to screw terminal boards were released. Scroll down the the bottom of this page: http://home.comcast.net/~mjmx/models.htm

This would seem to make wiring under the layout easier, while maintaining a reasonable amount of reliability.

I've built one as a demonstration, but it's not been installed on the layout yet to see how well it works.

If you use screw terminals, be sure to look at the wire gauges and capacities. Trying to jam more wires under a screw than the device is rated for is a sure way to have problems.

Puckdropper