Re: Wiring Tortoise for turnouts, switches + LED's

Richard Neil

--- In WiringForDCC@..., DAVID KLEMM <davidklemm7511@...> wrote:

Richard;

Most LEDs we work with need 3v and since our track power is 12v to 15v we obviously need to reduce the input to them. I assume you want to put the bi-color LED to show which way the turnout is thrown?

Yes, correct & I'll add for clarification (it may may modify your responce) that the bi-color LED will be on both the layout itself, next to the turnout, AND on the control panel board.
Looking forward to your reply. Richard

If that is correct then you put the LED in line with one side of the switch between the switch and tortoise. Use a DPDT without center off.

David Klemm
Sent from my iPad

On Jul 30, 2012, at 10:13 PM, "Paul O" <pomilian@...> wrote:

Rich, here are your answers: