Re: Covering LED Leads

Alden G. McBee

Try self-fusing silicone tape. It is available in various colors. It is a little difficult to wrap on very small things but it is very flexible and stays put.
--Alden McBee

On Jul 12, 2012, at 6:25 PM, Eric wrote:

I have several 3-legged LEDS on which the leads are exposed and I cannot cover them with shrink wrap. Does anyone know of a good, moldable compound I can use to protect these leads? I have looked at silicone, but it does not allow for much "smoothing" after it has set up. Would Squadron putty work; or even wood filler, or would these allow/cause shorts?

Also, I want to thank you all for all the help you have provided with my make shift power supplies.

RicZ