Re: wiring LED's for snap switch postion reporting

steve <snorring@...>

Thanks for your reply , i would like to see a drawing for latching
relay if you have one. I purchased an Atlas snap relay but it
doesn't seem to be woking as i intended.

thanks,
Steve

--- In WiringForDCC@..., "Vollrath, Don"
<dvollrath@m...> wrote:
If you have powered frogs see
http://www.wiringfordcc.com/signaling.htm.
If you have Tortoise machines use a technique from
http://www.wiringfordcc.com/sw_ctl.htm#a15. Or simply use the
switches internal to the Tortoise to operate the LED signals.

For a dual coil machine with no frog power switch there are
several other ways...
1. Add a mechanical microswitch to be activated by the throwbar.
See http://www.wiringfordcc.com/switches.htm scroll down about 2/3
of the way to RECOMMENDATION #2-22: this also works with manuual
ground throws.
2. Use a latching relay with diodes to flip and remember which
coil was pulsed last. Use a relay with coil voltage rating of about
1/2 that of the supply. Be sure to use steering and free-wheeling
diodes feeding the latching relay coils. I can post a circuit
diagram if you need it.