Re: Turn ON delay relay

aaronmorley@y7mail.com

--- In WiringForDCC@..., Mark Gurries <gurriesm@...> wrote:

I found this on line using google on the key words "AC delay Timer"

http://www.omega.com/pptst/TD-69.html

The TD69 is what you want. However its minimum time is 6 seconds.

The power supply must not draw more than 100Watts from the AC
line which is fine for most power supplies used with layouts.

On 1/26/12 at 7:29 AM, dale.gloer@... (dale_gloer) wrote:
I need a device that can delay the Turn On of a power supply
for a second or so after power is applied to other related and
connected components.

I have searched for a relay that would accomplish this but have
not found anything suitable, either not the correct function or
the cost is prohibitive.

Ideally the input to the device would be about 18 volts AC but
other common voltages, like 12vdc or 120 vac, would be acceptable.

Does anyone have a recommendation?

Dale Gloer

Best Regards,

Mark Gurries
Electrical Engineer

Use a transistor as the switch, bridge rectify the AC and pick an appropriate RC network to delay transistor turn on as required.