From: Vollrath, Don [SMTP:dvollrath@...]
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 2:44 PM
To: WiringForDCC@...
Subject: RE: [WiringForDCC] I Need Your Expertise

Gary,
Since you have been looking for this loco for some time your expectations
may be rather high. Be sure to check out the DC motor before doing
anything. It may be an older open frame type that draws too many amps for
the DCC decoders of today. Changing out the motor to a more modern can type
would make it more compatible. Tsunami steam sound decoders are one of the
best for sound, and do have provisions for a chuff cam. And... Hire someone
to paint it if you are not up to it yourself.