From: "Vollrath, Don" <dvollrath@...>
To: "WiringForDCC@..." <WiringForDCC@...>
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 1:44 PM
Subject: RE: [WiringForDCC] I Need Your Expertise

Gary,
Since you have been looking for this loco for some time your expectations may be rather high. Be sure to check out the DC motor before doing anything. It may be an older open frame type that draws too many amps for the DCC decoders of today. Changing out the motor to a more modern can type would make it more compatible. Tsunami steam sound decoders are one of the best for sound, and do have provisions for a chuff cam. And... Hire someone to paint it if you are not up to it yourself.