Re: Non DCC friendly Shinohara turnouts - how do you rework

Blair

Greybear
Currently, when laying turnouts and yards, I pre-wire turnouts but put general track feeders in later. Certainly, if you put the tape on first but ballast in situ, at least there would be a minimal glue interface to the cork(along the edges only), meaning freeing the turnout in a teardown would be doable, if not dead easy. We opted to just delay ballasting - good thing, though it means we'll have to do some learning on the new layout. I may well bottom-tape turnouts anyway, because it would make a yard realignment or other changes much more palatable.
Blair