Re: Loco Shuts Down

Marcus Ammann

Hi Mike

The "Shutdown" feature is described on Page 12 of the Diesel Manual at:

http://qsisolutions.com/pdf/q1a_diesel_v41_man.pdf

Because I use "Sound of Power" - Heavy Load on my QSI equipped loco
especially the NSW AD60 Garratts (Australian) that is pressing F9 when
running, some operators inadvertently press F9 with the loco stationary
(idle) and no the loco goes into the process of "shutting down" and no
amount of pushing buttons gets the loco going again, except pressing F6
Twice.

For me this means I have to "recover" their loco during an operating session
because of a feature I never use. So I remap the F9 idle to "None" and my
problem is solved.

I re-read your initial post on this subject, 3 idling locos and when you
accelerate away with your GP30, it shutsdown.

Do the headlight go off, if so loss of power possibly dirty wheels/track or
a severe loss of voltage due to an excessive voltage drop in your wiring
from the Power Panel.

Do other sound locos shutdown at this same location?

This issue is not because of QSI's Shutdown feature accessed by F9
(default), so the explanation above is just for your information.

Now for Decoder Pro, make room for your Power Cab at your computer. Heck it
does not take up much space and the Track can be on a shelf etc and the
Handpiece can hang "somewhere". What are you trying to find excuses for not
getting connected? All you need is the NCE USB Interface and Power Cab
software 1.28c. Download Java and Decoder Pro onto your Desktop and you're
good to go.

Once running Decoder Pro, you'll wonder what the fuss was about. See my page
for getting your Power Cab/USB connected to Decoder Pro at:

http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/nswmn2/DCC.htm#DecProPowerCab

For lots of other DCC stuff, see:

http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/nswmn2/DCC.htm

For myself I have a Laptop on my Work Bench in my Train Room connected to my
NCE Power Pro Box via a USB to Serial Adaptor and connected to the Internet
via a Wireless Access Point and Modem in another room next to the Desktop
for my Kids and the Boss.

I take my Laptop along with my Power Cab/USB Interface to other layouts and
program/reset locos and have become know as the DCC Doctor with my Silver
Aluminium Case.

Suitable second hand Laptop and now new ones (Netbooks etc), are really
cheap these days, no need to feel like you are missing out on the best
programming utility around. I would not be without Decoder Pro and my
Aluminium Suitcase.

Hope this helps

Regards
Marcus A