Re: need help wiring my layout for DCC

dvollrath@...

Chris,
If you don't measure any voltage at the track it sounds like you have a short circuit somewhere in the track wiring. You can use a simple incandescent light bulb to check where track power is and isn't. This could come from a wiring error or a frog power short circuit. Make sure you have followed up on the right/left rail connections to the DCC bus feed. Have you isolated all the live frogs on your hand-built turnouts? Power routing turnouts also need to be isolated. Take a look at Allan's turnout pics and comments at www.wiringfordcc.com. You may need to start disconnecting things until you find the problem. Verification checking as you go is usually a good plan.
DonV

--- In WiringForDCC@..., "chris" <cnyers@...> wrote:

PAUL:

THE PROBLEM THAT I HAVE IS WITH ALL OF THE TURNOUTS ON THE LAYOUT. THEY OUR ALL HANDBUILT OR POWER-ROUTING (LIVE FROG) TURNOUTS.

SO I AM NOT SURE HOW TO WIRE THOSE SECTIONS OF THE LAYOUT AS WELL that is where the major issues our presently.

Secondly, I am running Digitrax Zephyr system.

Using Scotchloks for connecting Feeders to bus wires.

i am very confused and not sure what to do next.

THanks