From: WiringForDCC@... [mailto:WiringForDCC@...] On
Behalf Of Glenn
Sent: Monday, September 26, 2011 2:49 PM
To: WiringForDCC@...
Subject: RE: [WiringForDCC] G Gauge DCC How hard is it to convert?

Many of the Large Scale / Garden layouts I have been to are R/C & battery.
Check large scale / garden railroad magazine for ads of manufacturers.

Cleanliness of the rails is less important for large scale. Equipment is
heavier; in addition most of the power is picked up via a sliding shoe
rather than wheels rolling over dirt spots.

Most garden railroaders clamp, bolt, or solder jumpers at rail joints, thus
insuring good conductivity.

Glenn