Re: ME HOn3 Install

Vollrath, Don <dvollrath@...>

You may not need to modify the ME turnouts but may need to add track feeders on all three tracks leading up to the turnouts. Do not rely on current to flow through rail joiners as these can make rather poor electrical connections. With power on use a voltmeter (AC voltage range) or a small 12-14V light bulb to verify where you do and don't have power. Some turnouts may need additional feeders to the frog and/or frog rails and/or point rails. See www.wiringfordcc.com

From: WiringForDCC@... [mailto:WiringForDCC@...] On Behalf Of Sam Urrate
Sent: Saturday, September 24, 2011 10:19 AM
To: WiringForDCC@...
Subject: [WiringForDCC] ME HOn3 Install

I have installed a simple layout with several left and right hand ME HON3 DCC ready turnouts.

Some are facing and some are trailing. I have five turnouts.

I can't get power past the turnouts. I've tried following the ME diagrams but nothing seems to work. I can't get power past the turnouts. The locos stall in the turnout.

Can you help me? I've tried everything but powering the frog but I'm not sure I'm wiring correctly.

ME has a diagram and spotty instructions. I bought these without knowing that I would have to modify them.

It was a dumb mistake. Can you help me correct it?

Thank you, Sam